- Case restoration
- Collections care
- Condition and treatment reports; museum quality
- Conservation treatments
- Gear cutting
- Historical research
- House calls
- Inspection, usually at the client premises,
- On-line archiving of object data in the Collectrium2 database,
- On-site installation
- Photographic documentation; museum quality
- Provenance research
- Repair and/or restoration
- Tower (turret) clocks, including automatic rewind systems
- Watches; we do not work on watches, sorry.
- Wood type identification
1 Many people in our industry believe that performing valuations as well as conservation services constitutes a conflict of interest. This is only true if the conservator/appraiser stands to gain or has a personal interest in acquiring the object for personal gain at some point in the future. Saving Time is unequivocal regarding its lack of interest in ownership of any cultural property that it conserves and/or valuates. We are fully trained by the American Society of Appraisers (ASA) to perform a variety of valuation services.
2 Collectrium, owned and managed by Christie’s International, is the leading global digital art collection management solution (http://www.collectrium.com). Founded in 2009, the subscription-based service offers collectors a highly secure, cloud-based solution for accessing and managing their art collections from anywhere and on any digital device. Over 25,000 art collectors currently use Collectrium to discover, track, and manage art. Saving Time maintains a paid subscription to the Collectrium database.