Santa Barbara Courthouse Tower Clock Restoration
The Courthouse needs a clock!
Damage from the 1925 earthquake dismantled the old courthouse. In 1929, Santa Barbara ordered a clock for the new courthouse from The Seth Thomas Clock Company, a family business that had been making clocks since 1813. The Courthouse clock is Serial #2744, dated June 1929.
- April 2010, East Dial freezes
- May 2010, Project is planned and funded
- Jun 2010, Work begins
- Aug 2010, Motion works and hands are installed
- Dec 2010, Time train is restarted
- Apr 2011, Bells are installed
- Dec 2011, Murals are installed
- Mar 2012, Clock strikes for the first time ever
- Apr 2012, Gallery opens